Friday, July 24, 2009

Cairns to Brisbane to Gold Coast

The next morning I woke at around 7 and lay in my bed trying to sleep more until 8:30. I then went outside and walked across the street to look out on the bay. I had breakfast at the hotel, which was very good, showered, hung out for a while and then got a taxi back to the airport for my flight to Brisbane. While waiting for my flight in the terminal I had some Hungry Jacks which I think must be owned by burger king because they have pretty much the exact same menu (whopper, Chicken tender crisp) and the logo is exactly the same as burger king’s except it says Hungry Jacks instead. My burger and fries also tasted very similar to BK but I’m not complaining because it hit the spot.

Downtown Brisbane

My flight to Brisbane was pretty uneventful but once I got there I realized that I had given my university the wrong time at which they were supposed to pick me up, so there was no one there to give me a ride. After stressing out a bit I found a door-to-door shuttle that took me to my apartment. I got checked in, met my roommates and went to the barbeque that was going on. I had a fun night and meet a lot of new people. They next day we had an orientation meeting on campus that was pretty boring. Then Sarah, Jenny, Cooper (DU Kids) plus Lorelei (from Ohio) and myself went down to the Main Beach and hung out of a while.

I went in the water, which was a bit chilly but felt so good. It’s hard to believe that is winter down here. After walking around a bit we then found Thai place to have dinner. It was byo wine so we went and bought some, which was pretty sweet as it was my first time in a liquor store. Dinner was good, I had duck, which was also a first and then we went back to our apartments and I passed out pretty soon afterwards ( I think the time change was starting to get me).

No comments:

Post a Comment