Monday, August 3, 2009

First Week of Classes


After a great first week and weekend of pure fun, i had to try to get serious for my first week of classes. I'm not sure how but without even trying all the classes i wanted to take were only offered on Wednesday and Thursday, so on Monday and Tuesday i did things like join the student guild, join the gym, shop for food and get organized in general. Classes turned out to be nothing to scary, all the professors seem good and i didn't have any trouble understanding their accents (which apparently can be hard sometimes). All my classes consist of a large lecture and then a smaller tutorial at a different time. I'm looking forward to seeing how things are done differently as the semester going on.
This is the first time i have had to cook on my own and although I'm terrible at cooking I'm kind of enjoying it. For breakfast i have been having toast with peanut butter and jam and this incredible Kelloggs cereal called "Crunch Clusters" its kinda like Honey Bunches of Oats but on steroids, and it is delicious. Ive also been hard boiling some eggs, which is great not only for breakfast but also for a quick snack. Lunch i have on campus some days or i make a sandwich of some sorts. Dinner is where i need help. I can do pasta, frozen chicken frozen pizza, and canned soup but that's about it. We only have a microwave/ oven combo unit so that makes it a bit difficult but if anyone has anything easy that they would recommend i would love to hear it.
Didn't really have anything planned for the weekend so i stayed around here, went to the beach and enjoyed the beautiful winter weather (its been 70's and sunny everyday since Ive been here). I'm hoping to plan something fun to do next weekend so we will see what happens. That's all for now.

My room

No comments:

Post a Comment