Monday, September 14, 2009

The Cholula Hunt

Ok so its been a while since my last post, the reason for this is that I haven’t really done anything that I would call an adventure but I think that just living here in general is a bit of one so ill try to fill you in on what I’ve been up to.

While most my favorite foods are easy to find here in OZ there is one thing that I’m having trouble locating. That thing is Cholula hot sauce. Cholula is delicious on eggs, chicken, potatoes, pizza, and any Mexican dish. The first time I went shopping when I got here I found some at Coles supermarket, but I went through it quickly and needed more but I have been unable to find any and have had to settle for Tabasco which I’m not a huge fan of. I have gone to numerous Coles locations along with other grocery stores and even tried to find out where I could buy it on the internet but it can’t be found.

The Dream

I tell you this because it was on one of my expeditions to find Cholula that I did something pretty cool last week. I decided to head inland to go to a Coles I had not been to, but of course they didn’t have any. Feeling discouraged but not wanting to go home and sit around I decided to drive out to this road called the panorama, which I had seen while checking out the local area on Google earth. This road basically goes straight up a small mountain; probably the steepest road I’ve ever driven on but great white handled it just fine. Once I reached the top there where beautiful views of the gold coast not to mention extremely nice houses with the same view.

I stopped at a few spots, took some pictures (although unfortunately it was a little hazy) and just enjoyed the view for a while. I headed home a different way I came to kind of get lost on purpose and find my way back, which I did fine but I did stop at another Coles and guess what? No Cholula, the quest continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment